Our PTA aims to help the school deliver a well-rounded and enriching experience for our pupils through fundraising and social activities.
As parents and carers, you are AUTOMATICALLY
a member of the PTA… your voice counts!
We are made of up full-time parents and carers, part-time workers and full time workers. Our termly meetings take place at different times of the day to help volunteers attend. Whether you pop into an evening
meeting in the pub after work or bring your toddler to one of our 2pm coffee afternoons, we’d love to see you!
You are NOT required to attend EVERY meeting, nor do we expect you to help
at EVERY event. You can offer as much or as little time and contribution as you can.
1. You are vital to the success of the school
- Without the funds raised by the PTA, your child would not get the benefit
of things like a free water bottle and book bag on starting at our school, or a trip to the Drill Hall at Christmas!
2. It's TOTALLY flexible!
- There are a variety of small ways you can help and be involved - from
designing a poster, photocopying and distributing letters in the school, cleaning up after an event, helping out on a stall…so many ways.
- You don't have to attend PTA meetings - you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
3. You'll feel more connected
- There's no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
- You'll get to know teachers
and support staff on a more familiar basis.
4. You'll be part of a great network
- Every PTA event is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you.
- You will be part of a like-minded network
of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
5. Make a difference
- By volunteering to help the PTA, you'll be able to use whatever skills you have for a worthwhile cause.
- Our PTA strive to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school.
6. We're not just for mums!
- It's important to our PTA, our school and our pupils to have dads represented on our
committee and to help reach out to other dads. Grandparents too!
- Are you a dad with a skill that would come in useful?
7. Be a role model
- By getting involved with our PTA, you'll show your children that
not only are they important to you, but their education is as well.
- Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied.
- Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
8. What the PTA does affects every parent, carer and pupil
- Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school.
9. It's fun!
- Help plan fun events, socials and get-togethers
- Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds.
- Get your whole family involved!
- The equipment and resources the PTA helps fund, make
learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.